Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I will never pick up a hammer again!






Someone in our family keeps having these crazy home improvement ideas.  I have to admit... that someone is me.  But given that fact that I grew up in a family that built homes for fun, can you blame me?  The problem is that none of the talent from my family of carpenters, masons, plumbers, & general contractors has rubbed off on me.  
We began demolition on our guest bathroom longer ago than I even want to think about.  We fumbled our way through reconstruction with LOTS of help from my mom, Mel, & Mac.  
With the first bathroom complete & lots of hard earned knowledge under our belts we thought we were ready to tackle the master bathroom.  The walls in this bathroom were horrible & required 2 treatments of laborious chemical stripping by hand.  We did attempt a more involved tile pattern this time & got a little crazy cutting apart cupboards that didn't look right.  Overall it was a great experience that we never want to have again.  
Having officially completed our projects over Christmas break, we're excited to have our weekends free for travel & family activities.  Perfect timing as we want to hit some of the East coast attractions before we move this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.