In the dark cold of winter my 5am workouts got to be drudgery. I was in a slump and needed a pick-me-up. I decided to set a goal to help motivate myself. It began with a 5k then evolved to a triathlon which is a bike, swim & run all in one race. As always, Paul was amazingly supportive. He bought me all the gear to get started then made certain I got time on weekends to run through my whole workout circuit. During the weekday I altered my morning workout to include more running and biking. With a little help from my friend, Beth, I was able to juggle the kids around to fit in some swimming instruction classes as well. The most enjoyable thing for me has been that friends & family are training to compete with me later on this summer. I am so excited to be doing this with them!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Triathlon
In the dark cold of winter my 5am workouts got to be drudgery. I was in a slump and needed a pick-me-up. I decided to set a goal to help motivate myself. It began with a 5k then evolved to a triathlon which is a bike, swim & run all in one race. As always, Paul was amazingly supportive. He bought me all the gear to get started then made certain I got time on weekends to run through my whole workout circuit. During the weekday I altered my morning workout to include more running and biking. With a little help from my friend, Beth, I was able to juggle the kids around to fit in some swimming instruction classes as well. The most enjoyable thing for me has been that friends & family are training to compete with me later on this summer. I am so excited to be doing this with them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.