Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ta-Da!



Before:


A drain pipe is attached to the gutter spouts. It goes under the rock wall & ends in a low-erosion pop up valve in the lawn.


1 1/2 truck loads of top soil added
I might still add some rock to this lower portion.
This was 5 or 6 loads of rock at 500-600lbs/trip since that was my truck's capacity. There are a few small rocks left over (stacked up along the base of the wall). Because of their small size they didn't stack well in the wall, so I'll use them somewhere else in the yard.

The black tubing is part of an inexpensive drip water system. It will be buried underground for about 20 feet & then pop up in the flower bed that surrounds the Pin Oak in our front yard. It connects directly to the faucet which will have a "Y" connector (so I can continue to use the faucet without disconnecting the watering system), and a timer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.